Our Commitment to Ethical Sourcing
It’s in our name: ETHICAL Swag. We are committed to offer only ethically sourced Swag, that is good for your Brand, for the Planet and for the People who manufactured it. And this is how we do it:
- We only work with suppliers that have passed strict audits related to social compliance, environmental impact, product safety, supply chain security and product quality.
- We have our suppliers sign a Code of Conduct that covers their treatment of their employees and their business practices.
- We carry eco-friendly products and look for recycled content, organic, biodegradable etc. in their composition.
- We watch carbon footprint when shipping and make sure there is no green washing with our suppliers.
At Ethical Swag we have many similar products that you will find elsewhere BUT with a twist: we have recycled plastic; straws are stainless steel; we have leather notebooks made of Apple Fiber waste; we have phone cases that are compostable and our business cards grow into pretty wildflowers!
Check out our Products and see it for yourself!
We are proud to comply with several initiatives that promote environmentally sustainable business operations. Here are a list of the current certifications we currently have:
Certified B Corporation
At Ethical Swag, we are focused on making it easy for you to find Eco-Friendly alternatives to the promotional products that you are already purchasing. We are thrilled to be a Certified B Corporation! They say you are the company that you keep...... well, we are proud to be a part of this community. It is our commitment to our core values, to the planet and to you.
"Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy." (Source)
QCA - Quality Certification Analysis
What is QCA?
- A non-profit, independent, accreditation body in the promotional products industry.
- The only process verification organization in the promotional products industry.
- A coalition of promotional products manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and the users of those products.
- A resource for knowledge and expertise for buyers, sellers and users of promotional products.
- A protector of brand reputations.
WE ARE PRODUCT SAFE AWARE PPAI
PPAI - Promotional Products Association International is an association that delivers essential knowledge and resources to ensure the success of its members in the Swag Industry. The WE ARE PRODUCT SAFE AWARE Certification is given to members who take part in a series of educational training on Product Safety Regulations, State Regulations, Prop 65 and more.
For more information, visit PPAI’s website.
Ethical Swag is a proud contributor to the PLEDGE 1% Movement, an initiative that inspires, educates, and empowers every entrepreneur, company, and employee to be a force for good.
BEF - Bonneville Environmental Foundation
BEF is a non-profit organization that markets green power products to public utilities, businesses, government agencies, and individuals. It was founded in 1998 to support watershed restoration programs and develop new sources of renewable energy. Among other initiatives, BEF trades Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) (sometimes called Renewable Energy Credit), which is a legal mechanism that represents the environmental benefits associated with one Megawatt-hour of electricity generated from a renewable energy resource.
Ethical Swag has purchased RECs to cover the energy we have consumed during our operations (electricity, commute, travel, shipping etc.)